35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. 36 Simon and his companions went to look for him, 37 and when they found him, they exclaimed: “Everyone is looking for you!”
Do you get alone with God, just Him and you?
Why don’t we spend time alone with God? We spend time with Him while others are with us, whether that be at church or bible study, but what about being alone with Him just Him and me. What holds you back from alone time with God? Is it business or is it something deeper? Is it a fear of true intimacy?
I think we like the idea of a relationship with God we are just not comfortable being alone in that relationship. Jesus spent time alone with the Father; He purposefully took others out of the equation to be alone with God.
It wasn’t a business issue, He had plenty going on, notice the disciples came looking for Him because everyone needed Him. Jesus had the constant needs of others swirling around Him but He also had the need of being alone with God. There will always be the pressure of things, even important things vying for your time alone with God. There comes a time when we realize the true need, time alone with God is what we need. We will never pour into the lives of others (meeting their needs) out of an empty life ourselves, a needy life. Without intimate time with God we are empty with nothing to offer.
How did Jesus find time for Him and God?
- He made it a PRIORITY. Is time alone with God a priority to you?
- He made it His FIRST priority, he did it early in the morning first thing. Is time alone with God your first priority?
- He had a PLAN, Do you have a plan?
- He was PURPOSEFUL, He took action, He got up it took an effort of His will. Are you going to take action will you get up and go?
- He made it a PATTERN in His life.
Is it time to get alone with the Father